Candello’s Team Training is offered by experienced trainers using AHRQ’s TeamSTEPPS curriculum. The TeamSTEPPS initiative is an evidence-based comprehensive teamwork training system designed to improve quality and safety in health care.
Initially designed to improve communication and team effectiveness within obstetrics, training can be of equal benefit to other specialty areas, including Emergency Medicine and Surgery.
Teamwork is a Solution
Applying the TeamSTEPPS curriculum, including specific team-related knowledge, skills, and outcomes, presented using a train-the-trainer model, our training professionals prepare your organizational leaders and identified front line staff to serve as champions and coaches. This training makes it easier for all to recognize, manage, and mitigate the impact of unfolding error.
Establish a Benchmark for Success
Using a variety of educational media, the team of physician/nurse trainers tackle the complex human and operational issues that can undermine patient safety.
Leveraging an engaging and interactive style, each train the trainer course is typically 2.5 days and includes modules that deliver comprehensive training and shared expertise:
- Create team structures that ensure a shared vision
- Maximize communication through shared language and expectations
- Develop leadership to model and sustain team skills
- Establish mutual support and situation monitoring
- Prepare: Our trainers spend a day on site to observe and assess, incorporating time for staff Q & A and identifying recommendations for success
- Train: Training includes train-the-trainer sessions, direct -to-staff training by our master trainers, and advanced training for internal coaches
- Support & Measure: On-going remote support allows for continued advice and coaching from master trainers along with the ability to review progress and celebrate results